the Free faMILY REUNION SEMINAR
The Family Reunion Seminar will be held on Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016 at Sound Board - MotorCity Casino Hotel
Sound Board - MotorCity Casino Hotel
2901 Grand River Ave
Detroit, MI 48201
8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Home of cars, culture, gaming, music and sports, Detroit is the perfect place to host your family reunion. The Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau offers a free Family Reunion Planning Seminar every year.
This is your opportunity to learn how to plan a successful reunion in The D. We cover topics such as:
- How can the DMCVB help with my reunion?
- Reunion Planning 101: Learn the ABC's of planning a successful reunion, including tips for hotels, banquets and more.
- Social Media 101: Learn how to use Facebook to promote your reunion, boost attendance, share updates, post photos and more.
- Think Detroit! Great activities and events for your reunion.
Best of all, this event is absolutely FREE!
Why Host Your Reunion in The D?
Detroit is the perfect place to host your family, military or class reunion. With world-class hotels, attractions and historic sites, everyone will enjoy metro Detroit's offerings. We will assist you in every aspect of planning for your event, and best of all, our services are FREE!
We offer several services to make planning your reunion easier:
- Hotel and banquet and selection assistance
- Service provider selection assistance (T-shirt companies, caterers, DJs, etc.)
- Special recognition certificate
- FREE promotional items (plastic bags, postcards, pencils and visitor guides)
- Suggested activities for children and adults
- Recreational parks listing for metro Detroit
- Family Reunion Planning Seminars
- Learn how to plan a successful reunion in The D
How to receive our services?
- Step 1:
Register your reunion by submitting a family reunion registration form. Registration is mandatory and available online at meetdetroit.com/reunions. Please register 12-18 months before your reunion.
- Step 2:
Provide us with a signed copy of your hotel contract. This serves as an official confirmation of your reunion and qualifies you to receive free promotional items for your reunion attendees. You will receive an email confirmation along with the product request form as an attachment.
- Step 3:
Submit the product request form to place your order for your free items. All items must be ordered at least six weeks prior to your reunion. Items include: Visit Detroit plastic bags, Visit Detroit magazine, Visit Detroit pencils, Visit Detroit key chains and Detroit postcards.
- Step 4:
You will receive a product request order confirmation three to four weeks prior to your reunion (subject to change). Product can be picked up at our off-site warehouse, Wolverine Solutions, 1601 Clay Street, Detroit MI 48211 (pick-up date will be provided by the DMCVB).
REGISTER YOUR Family Reunion
Submit your online Family Reunion Registration Form. This does not register you for the seminar, but it will register your reunion with the CVB and you will begin to receive the benefits working with a CVB will bring to enhance your reunion planning experience.
Request a Family Reunion Information Packet.
Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau
211 W. Fort St., Ste. 1000, Detroit, MI 48226
Metro Detroit is home of the auto barons. Historic homes include Fair Lane (Henry and Clara Ford); Fisher Mansion (Lawrence Fisher), Ford House (Edsel & Eleanor Ford); and Meadow Brook Hall (Matilda Dodge Wilson).